Monday, October 19, 2009

hw #10

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/23/ep.facebook.addict/index.html

I find this article interesting because some people are more addicted than one may think. This lady, hearing her daughter ask her for help on homework, and deciding to ignore her, because of Facebook, is not such a good excuse. According to the article there are five ways to know if you are addicted to facebook or not. the first is that you begin to lose sleep over facebook. Which is true, I dont care what anybody says. The second way is if you spend more than an hour on facebook, which I can sort of disagree with because an hour isnt that bad, especially if youre really bored and dont have other things to do, like hw and work related things. the third way is if you get obsessed with old loves, which I also disagree with.

http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2009/05/twitter-addiction-signs/

I found it really interesting how in the article, one of the signs which tell you that you are addicted was "if you beg people to follow you on twitter". I found this real interesting because I see it all the time. People even have the nerve to go on facebook and tell people to follow their twitter. Every time I sign onto my aim account, I always see at least one away message that is someone giving their twitter url. I wont lie, I do own a twitter account, but 1) I barely go on it and 2) I don't beg anybody to be my follower!

http://www.video-game-addiction.org/

this article posted good ideas. Many teens are able to balance out school and other areas of their life with video games. But theres always that bit that cannot do this and find themselves moving their thumbs more often than usual. I used to play xbox a lot last year but then I decided to focus more on school and get my grades up. I ended up not playing xbox for about 6 months and just recently started playing again. I barely play though, I play about 2 times a week, but I'm trying to get my grades up again. It's a shame that some people arent able to control themselves like me because that can really fuck somebody's life over.

No comments:

Post a Comment